CleanOxide usage in Food Processing
CleanOxide Chlorine Dioxide for washing food
CleanOxide Chlorine Dioxide can safely be used for washing fruit and vegetables, seafood, meat, mushrooms and many other foodstuffs. CleanOxide Chlorine Dioxide destroys bacteria including potentially harmful pathogens such as E.coli, as well as controlling fungi and fungal spores ensuring reduced risk for the consumer and increased shelf life for the produce. Residual chlorine dioxide left on the produce degrades rapidly leaving no harmful residues.
CleanOxide Chlorine Dioxide in meat processing
Freshly slaughtered animals are contaminated with pathogenic micro-organisms. These micro-organisms are present both on the surfaces of the animals, as well as in the intestinal tracts immediately after slaughter. To insure product safety, recent federal regulations require microbiological testing rather than visual inspection. These regulations require that carcasses be tested for Salmonella.
Chlorine dioxide has been used very successfully in food, meat, slaughter house as a processing aid that is added to process water maintaining good microbial quality thereby impacting on the quality maintenance and shelf life of the produce.
Advantages of CleanOxide
- Effective over a broad pH range (4 to 10).
- Controls bacteria, fungi, viruses, biofilm and algae.
- Does not react with ammonia & does not produce toxic compounds in contact with organic materials present in water.
- Effective at lower dose rates than chlorine or bromine.
- Non-corrosive at the recommended dose rates.
- Bio-degradable in sunlight.
- Micro-organisms do not develop resistance to Clean Oxide.
- Improves shelf life of treated produce
- Permitted as processing aid for all foods (FSANZ Standard 1.3.3)